Thursday, April 28, 2011

Missing

Wow!  Where did this week go?  I suppose being gone Sunday/Monday made the week seem to start later.  What a great time we had, for the most part.  Church on Sunday was great (more on that later).  Monday I spent the day at Trinity while Mike was at work.  So fun to catch up with people I haven't seen in months, or even a year or two.  I miss the community there so much.  I loved my boss and the music department.  I miss working with them.  It was so great to be in a Christian environment all the time.  Oh well.  While I miss my job and the people, I have a totally new life now.  It was fun to show off Elizabeth, shy as she is.  She did warm up to a few people, so that was good.  She also got to experience the much-missed Panera.  Yum!  We need one here!  Amen?

Easter service at Arlington was great!  I couldn't have asked for more.  Oh how I miss the amazing pipe organ, orchestra, and choir, and real music!  They played Beethoven, Ode to Joy and Hallelujah from the Mount of Olives.  It was great.  Christ the Lord is Risen Today, Crown Him with Many Crowns, Hallelujah What a Savior, and more.  Great sermon that pertained to Easter.  I miss this church.  It's not just because I like the style of music, it's because it speaks truth and works with the message.  It's appropriate. 

I got to see several people there as well that I haven't seen for a few years.  We sat next to a friend of mine whom I stood next to in choir for several years.  She has a grand-daughter about the same age.  Elizabeth sat on her lap and drew outlines of hands.  It was really cute.  I saw the sweet organist, and her husband, who used to conduct the orchestra.  I'm glad they're still around and active as they're aging.  I saw my flute buddy, whom Elizabeth really took to.  I've never seen her get so buddy buddy with someone so quickly.  My past just went right before my eyes as I reconnected with these people, reminisced about years past, and briefly mentioned the future.  My heart was warmed.  I miss good solid friends.  I know it takes a while to really develop those friendships.  I need to be patient.  It's harder being in a different place in life now. 

Ah...what a great time...

No comments:

Post a Comment