Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Blessed

I've barely written anything lately other than book reviews, and even those have been scarce.  But I do have one story that I immediately thought I needed to put on here, even though it's taken me four days to do so.

Black Friday was a crazy day.  I went to Kohl's at midnight, then to Boston Store.  I got home around 3:30am and went to bed.  I had been in bed from about 9-11:30 before that.  Anyway, I slept until about 7:30, when Mike came home, so that I could go back out again.  I went to ShopKo and Menards.  I was going to go back to Boston Store because I wanted to exchange what I got for a bigger size.  I was starting to get hungry.  My system is all messed up when I don't sleep right.  So, I pulled into McDonalds drive through to get a couple things off the dollar menu.  When I pulled up to the first window to pay, the girl asked me if I knew the people in the car in front of me.  I had no idea who was in there, especially not from the back, and I didn't recognize the car.  She proceeded to tell me they asked what I ordered and then paid for it.  So, I didn't have to pay.  It was only $2.10, but still.  How nice!

I've read about this sort of thing happening, but it's never happened to anyone I've known, and now it happened to me!  I was driven to tears and really blessed by this.  It's such a small thing, but really meant a lot.  There are actually nice people in the world still.  Thank you, whoever did this.  I'm sure I'll never know, but I hope it blessed you as much as it blessed me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment