Monday, March 28, 2011

"Pop" Tarts

I am going to start out by saying that I do not condone eating Pop-Tarts for breakfast on a regular basis, especially for a young child.  However, Sunday morning can get a little crazy around here with having to be to church by 8am.  I usually let Elizabeth sleep as late as possible and just get her dressed at the last minute, often times not giving her breakfast, or maybe something she can eat in the car.  She's not a big breakfast fan anyway, and, I know she gets animal crackers at church, so it's not like I'm starving her. 

The other Sunday though, she woke up a little earlier.  Mike took her downstairs with him to eat breakfast.  I didn't think he'd give her Pop-Tarts, but he did.  I was showering or something.  One of her favorite words is "pop."  Mike told her they were "pop-tarts" to which she quickly caught on.  She's just starting to talk and repeat lots of words, but they're usually not real long words.  He would ask her, what kind of tarts do you have?  She would respond, "pop!"  It was so cute.  I just had to share this story, mostly so I don't forget it, but also because I think it's just hilarious.  But it gets better...

About a week after eating the Pop-Tarts and repeating the pop frequently that day, we were eating some blueberries.  Mike made a comment about them being pretty good for being fresh blueberries, as he doesn't really care for them much plain.  I proceeded to say I thought they were kind of tart.  Right after saying that Elizabeth speaks up and says, "Pop!"  I can't believe she made that connection.  I was, of course, using tart in a totally different sense, but it was so funny.  I didn't expect that one. 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blogging! Your blog is great! I will definitely look forward to reading it :)

    ReplyDelete