Wednesday, February 16, 2011

As Time Goes By

There have been so many days when I've wanted to make a post and I'm sure I won't remember everything now.  Here's what our life's been like lately.

Elizabeth turned one and a half a couple weeks ago!  I can't believe it.  Did we really make it this far?  Seems like such a short time ago that she was born.  It is so fun to see all the changes in her.  She is getting more and more fun as she understands more and is beginning to talk.  It's frustrating to not be able to understand everything she's trying to communicate, but I think that's pretty normal for this stage. 

This past weekend we left her with my parents for a few hours while we went to the Sweetheart Banquet at church.  This was the first time since she was born that we went out without her.  I'm not sure if that's sad or crazy or what.  She was okay for part of it, but I guess she screamed at the top of her lungs, like I know so well, when it was time to eat supper.  She didn't really eat much.  I thought that would have been the good time of the evening, since she is usually interested in eating.  At least she was able to calm down.  That is something that she was never able to do before.  It took being by mommy again in order to stop crying.  Progress.  She's still very attached, but at least she CAN function without mommy. 

Finally, we have our first bout with the flu, at least, I think that's what it was.  She threw up several times.  This is the first time.  She maybe had spit up a handful of times in her infancy, but has never actually thrown up.  It was really crazy to deal with.  So sad watching her go through it.  She didn't know what to make of it and seemed scared when stuff was trying to come out the wrong way.  I think it was a 24-hour thing.  She's doing a lot better now.  It's so nice to not have to change outfits six times in a day.  That was my all-time record ever!  I'm not one much for changing clothes throughout the day.  I've done 7 loads of laundry already this week!  Yikes!  I hope this bug has left our house and won't affect anyone else, or come back to her.  No fun.  Goodnight all.

No comments:

Post a Comment